Welcome to my Lifes Blog!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Chasing away the Winter Blues

It is cold and wet. Typical winter weather for Cape Town.

I don't like it!! My feet are cold and the dogs refuse to stay outside. They hog the heater and leave their hair in piles as they nest.

And this too shall pass... Thankfully winter isn't too long here, so before I know it we will be sweating and cursing the heat. So until then... What can I do to chase away the winter blues???

Fire: yes, keep it light and roaring.
Red wine: Love it, just a little glass at night.
Research: Use this time inside to research all that I need to research, learn what I can and get things done.
Visit: Wrap up nice and warm and visit friends, take some red wine of course and settle down for the night. Eat, drink and enjoy.
Early to bed: this I like too. Take the mutts, a good book and snuggle down under the blankies :)

I shall use this winter to grow and expand. I shall not hibernate and withdraw - I will be in action of living and loving Life!

xxxoooxxx Jessica xxxoooxxx

1 comment:

  1. its funny ive never associated may with winter. its always been moderately pleasant to raging hot wherever ive been in the world! great ideas, keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete